It is widely said that, ‘breakfast is the most important meal of the day’. This is actually not entirely true as it has not been scientifically proven. All meals are equally as important as each other and from my own experience it doesn’t matter what order you eat them in or what time you eat them.
I never skip breakfast as I need that boost to get me up for work in the morning and start my day with a positive attitude.
I religiously have a smoothy every morning that consists of:
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 tea spoon of chia seeds
- 1 handful of berries
- 1 medium banana
- 200ml almond milk or enough to be smooth
- 1 25g scoop banana Phd protein powder (body sculpt).
- 1 25 ml scoop chocolate Phd protein powder (body sculpt)
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 medium banana.
In order to get the best nutritional value from each meal it is best to add in individual ingredients in their natural form in order to create a healthy delicious meal. After tracking my macros on https://www.myfitnesspal.com religiously I found it extremely difficult to hit my protein guideline so decided to incorporate protein powder to my diet.
It is vital to have a clear understanding of what you are putting into your body so I did some research on different proteins and found Phd suited my needs the best. Normally as a first time buyer there are great deals and if you keep buying you get to build up points https://www.phd-supplements.com
Here is an explanation on some of the ingredients that are found in Phd that you may not be familiar with:
- Waxy barley flour – This is a carbohydrate used to replace glycogen during workouts. It is very common in sports supplements.
- Guar gum – This is a thickener and should not be consumed in large amounts. The tiny amount within Phd should cause no harm and is linked with curing constipation, normalise cholesterol, and helps you feel fuller for longer.
- Conjugated linoleic acid powder – also know as CLA’s they are dietary supplements that have anti cancer properties as well as great weight loss benefits.
Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day and I thoroughly enjoy my smoothie each morning. I am not suggesting that you should have the same every day like I do but I am a creature of habit and this is what I enjoy. You can have it on the go in the car to work, or enjoy at home. It only take 5 minutes to make which is great for those of us who have to rush in the mornings. I always feel satisfied and never feel the urge to snack before lunch.